Thursday 7 October 2010

Flat Plans for my magazine cover

The purpose of a Flat Plan is to design and layout a magazine cover showing positioning and colouring to make sure the target audience would want to read it. I created flat plan templates for the design of my magazine cover and interviewed my focus group to find out which one they preferred and if they had any comments on how the designs could be improved.





I asked my focus group to take a vote on which of the three above Flat Plans they preferred and these were the results:



I agreed with two of the four people in my focus group, that Flat Plan 1 looked the best.
Comments made on Flat Plan 1:
- "I prefer Flat Plan 1 as it keeps to the conventional style of magazines of its type and it is easy to read, which keeps the readers attention on the magazine."
- "The title of the magazine needs to stand out, if it is noticeable and bold it will catch the readers' eye."
- "I don't think the title of the magazine should just be set at the top, if it was at an angle, or in a font and colour that stood out, it would attract more student readers."

Taking the comments made by my focus group into consideration, I have created a final Flat Plan that I will use to create my magazine:

No comments:

Post a Comment